[OSGeo-Conf] Logo for FOSS4G 2008

venka.osgeo venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 22:36:17 EDT 2007

Hi All,

About the transfer of foss4g.org domain to OSGeo,
I just has a discussion with the other owner.

I am happy to inform that we (Shinji Masumoto and
myself) have decided to donate the domain to
OSGeo.

We do hope, however that there will be no
restrictions is made on the free usage of
the FOSS4G acronym for the legitimate purpose of
promoting Free and Open Source Software for
Geoinformatics.

I hope this settles the long discussion and we can
go ahead with continuing to with the name OSGeo.

Let us know how we can workout with the transfer.

Kind regards

Venka