[OSGeo-Conf] Timetable for -09 bidding

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Oct 12 11:41:33 EDT 2007

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> I also support Paul's recommendation of this October for the '09 RFP
> discussions and release.
>
> --
> jeff

Hey,
have I been missing something or is this the planning forum for the
FOSS4G CFP '09?

I would like to recommend to make sure that it will not take place in
parallel to the Intergeo 2009 which runs from October 22nd to 24th in
Karlsruhe, Germany. It will obviously not be possible to take care for
every other event that can possibly come up but FOSS4G took place at the
same dates in 07 and will also overlap perfectly in 08 with Intergeo.
With 16.500 visitors [1] the Intergeo is a great opportunity and major
attraction for businesses who will not be able to come to FOSS4G. OSGeo
operated an Open Source park on Intergeo 07 and will probably also do so
in 08 but I am hesitant to advertise this to OSGeo lists and businesses
to not interfere with "our" conference.

Thanks for the consideration.

Best regards,
Arnulf.