[OSGeo-Conf] 2009 RFP draft review

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Oct 22 14:37:20 EDT 2007

Hello fellow OSGeo conference committee members,

A draft of the 2009 documents is available for all to review:

PDF:
http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/2009/osgeo-conference-2009-request-for-proposal.pdf

OpenOffice:
http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/2009/osgeo-conference-2009-request-for-proposal.odt

I would like to meet on IRC (#foss4g-conf on icr.freenode.net) to review
this and make changes etc, this Wednesday
(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2007&month=10&day=24&hour=15&min=0&sec=0).

Some of my proposed changes and comments to the RFP:
- all conference (past/current/future) discussions occur in one IRC room
from now on: #foss4g-conf (2008 talk would move there now, for example)
     - note: the channel #foss4g is not available
- aim for an RFP release this Thursday
- 2007 and other docs are now archived at
http://www.osgeo.org/conference/archives
- increased what we ask that a host handle to 1000 attendees
- does the budget template need updating?
(http://www.osgeo.org/sites/osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/2009/osgeo-conference-budget-template.ods)
- solicitation to close Fri Jan 4th 2008 (gives roughly 2 months, which
has been standard so far)
- added a question period between Jan 4th to Jan 18th for the committee
to ask questions and more information from bidders, plus one IRC meeting
will be held for all bidders and committee to attend
- decision date would be: Jan 25th 2008

I'll post an agenda for wednesday's meeting later.

--
jeff