[OSGeo-Conf] Re: GISSA/OSGeo Letter of Agreement

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 9 12:30:43 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Paul has prepared a letter of agreement for co-management of FOSS4G 2008
> between GISSA and ourselves.  I have attached it.  I'm not seeking a vote,
> but if anyone has serious concerns about the terms they should contact me.
> Otherwise (and possibly even then) I'll proceed with the agreement as is.
>
> The only slight change from earlier discussions is that the GISSA
> education subcommittee is being given some flexibility in how to utilize
> the 1/3 of surplus funds for educational purposes, as opposed to allocating
> it to a specific GISSA administered bursary as was originally discussed.

Folks,

I have been informed my pdf attachment was unreadable in some environments.
The LOA contains this text:

Letter of Agreement between
the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGEO)
and
the Geographic Information Society of South Africa (GISSA)
regarding
the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial conference for 2008 (FOSS4G2008).

OSGEO and GISSA will be sharing the financial risk and reward of FOSS4G2008, in
the following manner:

  * The day-to-day finances of FOSS4G2008 will be handled by PeopleSA.

  * Decisions regarding expenditures will be made by the FOSS4G2008 conference
committee and chair, within the guidelines set by the budget submitted on March
6, 2008.

  * Significant deviations from the March 6, 2008 budget will be approved by
GISSA and OSGEO.

  * The profit/loss for FOSS4G2008 will be determined by PeopleSA, or an
independent third party if requested by either OSGEO or GISSA.

  * In the event of a loss for FOSS4G2008, 50% of the amount will be paid by
OSGEO and 50% will be paid by GISSA.

  * In the event of a profit for FOSS4G2008, 33% of the amount will be received
by OSGEO, 33% of the amount will be received by GISSA, and 34% of the amount
will be managed by the GISSA education sub-committee which will determine the
use of the funds.

Best regards,