[OSGeo-Conf] Committee Membership

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Wed Dec 3 20:59:47 EST 2008

On 2008/11/25 9:02 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Motion 2: Motion to add Dave Patton and Gavin Fleming to the committee:
>
>     * Dave Patton was an integral part of the success of FOSS4G2007 and
>       is already contributing to conference_dev discussions

I've always felt that committees should have "active" members.
With my new job(started 7 weeks ago) I find I don't have as
much 'free time', and I can't be on IRC during "work hours"
(west coast North America time).

For the upcoming discussions re the 2010 proposals, I'll not
be able to participate much or perhaps at all on IRC, and
in addition will be out of the country from December 12th
through 20th, when decisions have to be made.

In light of the above, I wonder if it's better if I'm not
"voted onto the committee"? If at next Monday's IRC meeting
the decision is not to add me to the committee, I won't be
offended, and I won't send out any elves to track anyone
down and take away their presents ;-)

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems