[OSGeo-Conf] Sydney's formal bid to host the FOSS4G 2009 Conference

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:36:30 EST 2008

Jeff McKenna and the OSGeo Conference Committee,

It is with great pride that I present Sydney's formal bid to host the
FOSS4G 2009 conference.

This bid has been collated by a professional, enthusiastic team with a
great collective breath of experience. I'm confident that a FOSS4G
conference in Australia will be an event to remember and I hope you will
agree.

Attached you should find two documents, the proposal and the budget.

The budget has been quoted in Australian dollars. Today, 11 January
2008, the exchange rate is:
1.00 AUD = $0.89 USD

The key elements of the budget are:
Early Bird Participant = $695 AUD = $622 USD
Standard Participant = $795 AUD = $711 USD
Conference Dinner = $130 AUD = $  USD

Total Fixed Costs = $213,850 AUD = $191,248  USD
Total Variable Costs = $449,050 AUD = $401,590  USD

Net Surplus = $35,863 AUD = $32,073  USD

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally