[OSGeo-Conf] Conference policy

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jun 23 14:00:03 EDT 2008

Hello fellow committee members,

Regarding the hot topic of third party OSGeo branded events, it's
clear that we as a committee have to propose some guidelines for
this.  After a few weeks of discussions and giving people time to
express their opinions, I think the time has come for the conference
committee to act.  The first thing we must do is decide whether the
conference committee supports such events.  So, I would ask that all
committee members[1] publicly vote FOR (+1) or AGAINST (-1) third
party OSGeo branded events.  Note that there should be nobody
abstaining from voting, as this is not a specific vote for any
specific event.  Our guidelines that we create will reflect the
results of this vote.

My vote: +1

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee

-jeff