[OSGeo-Conf] Two parallel conferences proposal: OSGeo-tech andOSGeo-Biz

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Fri Oct 3 12:06:47 EDT 2008

My thuddingly-devalued $0.02:

I agree with Paul -- I can code perfectly well at home, thank you -- but
stipulate that there is something to be said for getting a bunch of
people in a room together to hammer out ideas and plans.  But that is !=
to writing code, however.  If people want to code-sprint during the
conference then so be it, but I'd rather not see it detract from the
conf in any way.  Doing a post-conf weekend sprint would be best, for
example.

Also, as I look across the globe to far-way places with strange sounding
names like Africa and Australia, I'm increasingly interested in smaller,
regional conferences.

-mpg