[OSGeo-Conf] facilitating FOSS4G continuity

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Sat Feb 28 07:56:11 EST 2009

I've been chatting with Cameron, asking if there were some facilities to
let a person of Barcelona 2010 team to enter the conference in Sidney
(ex: one free entrance pass).
He honestly admitted that this kind of things are out of budget and I
can't blame him because I have my budget in front and it would be
complicated to me too to do the same without a previous plan.

Talking with Tyler we talked about the possibility to put in the RFP
something about facilities for the next conference (this could not apply
to Sidney or Barcelona as bids are already closed).
The idea is that FOSS4G should support its continuity and brand in some way.

It will be not easy to me to afford expenses to go to Sidney, I'm not
representing a company that is trying to sell something or working for
an institution that has some kind of budget for conferences.
Anyway I'm supposed to present FOSS4G2010 at Sidney.
Am I wrong?
does my presence in Sidney worth?

ciao
lorenzo