[OSGeo-Conf] Re: Conference Presentations

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Wed May 20 03:17:26 EDT 2009

I think 2007 authors could submit full versions for publications in the
OSGeo journal.

FOSS4G 2008 was the first to have an academic track and request authors
in that track up front to first submit an abstract, then a full paper
for peer review. The standard and academic abstracts were published
together in the ISBN abstract book and separately, with papers and full
presentations (if they were submitted in time), on ISBN CDs.

Afterwards some papers were selected by the academic track committee for
submission of a revised and more rigorous paper for peer review and
publication in the South African Computer Journal.

Gavin