[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [mapserver-dev] GeoServer superseeding MapServer in Europe?

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Thu Jul 8 03:12:54 EDT 2010

El 08/07/10 07:58, Judit Mays escribió:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have not been reading the corresponding mails on the mapserver-dev
> list, but from what I have been reading here I would like to toss in my
> 2 cent.
>
> Limiting the presentations to one per person disregarding the topics
> they talk on would obviously not make much sense. So instead of focusing
> too much on the number of talks per person, I would value it higher to
> ensure that the OSGeo-Gathering-Of-Tribes (FOSS4G) will first of all
> represent all OSGeo projects equally well, while also giving other
> (non-OSGeo) open source projects a fair chance to present their projects
> and work.
>
> So instead of focusing on "how many presenters from whatever
> company/organization?" I suggest to focus on "does the conference
> program present the OSGeo projects well?". Once that is achieved, give
> the remaining free slots to non-OSGeo open source projects so they may
> gather enough momentum to join OSGeo in the near of far future.
>
> With regard to what Cameron said about the hard job of choosing which
> abstract to accept: I am glad that it is not my duty to do the selection.
>
> Kind regards,
> Judit

I also agree Judit, but maybe it's just because there is no one gvSIG
Desktop presentation at all selected for the conf and that annoys me
somehow.

Anyway there aren't also uDig or OpenJUMP presentations. At least we
will enjoy the Cameron Desktop comparison for sure.

:-)

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía