[OSGeo-Conf] Booth for local chapters at FOSS4G 2010

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 22:12:31 EST 2010

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your thoughts. Here are mine.

Daniel Kastl wrote:
> What I'm little bit curious to hear is the mission of a local chapter to
> promote itself a few thousand kilomters away from home ;-)

Why are we (Local Chapters) promoting a Foundation that is
registered 10000kms (approx) away from where some Local Chapters
exist?
Promotions can work both ways, I feel.

> Is this a main consensus of the Japan local chapter? I actually haven't read
> about this topic yet on the Japanese mailing list, or did I miss something?
> I thought that the intent of local chapters is to promote Foos4g in their
> own countries. So I can understand well for the Spanish chapter or nearby
> countries.

Yes, it seems you missed something. You can call me on my
internal phone 3381 or send a mail to the Japan Chapter list
to learn more.

Best

Venka