[OSGeo-Conf] Booth for local chapters at FOSS4G 2010

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Mar 8 22:57:51 EST 2010

On 2010/03/08 3:18 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> I do not agree with the other idea, different pricing for different
> countries based on some arbitrary national statistic.  I can elaborate
> if needed, but in essence feel that we are already giving away awesome
> software, free workshop and presentation materials, even videos of the
> event and helping support local chapter development.  It seems
> counterproductive to reduce the profitability of an event that helps
> fund these great free things that all can enjoy.  We all know that you
> don't have to be at FOSS4G to enjoy the fruit of its labour
>
> I could be convinced otherwise, but just don't see the rationale in
> this.  My opinion only of course,

"arbitrary national statistic"
Take one international conference, attendees from various
nations, 'tribes', etc., some "awesome software", interest
from "local chapters", and I'm sure that someone could come
up with a lightening talk, presentation, or workshop dealing
with the relative merits of various metrics to decide which
local chapters should receive a free/discounted booth at the
next FOSS4G conference ;-)

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems