[OSGeo-Conf] Booth for local chapters at FOSS4G 2010

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 10:19:10 EDT 2010

On 2010/03/16 23:02, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> Sorry Venka, I thought I've already answered this. Too many tasks in my
> lists...

Sorry to disturb your numerous tasks. I am very much
aware of the effort you and the LoC has to make
to get FOSS4G2010 going.

> We've finally decided to address local chapters with OSGeo booth.
> We have reserved 2 booth, at the moment, and possible 4 later on for OSGeo.

So all local chapters can display their wares in the
two booths that your have allocated? No need to fill
in forms, make payments for using this generous space?
If there are more wares than the 2 booths could accommodate,
the LoC would evaluate and expand to 4 booths at some
stage?

Sorry for too many questions. Just making sure that I
give the right answer when I am asked the same question
by the Local Chapter in my proximity.

> So chapter can stay with mother OSGeo and promote each others.

Local chapters would be extremely grateful for the selfless service
of their mother.

> If companies cannot afford a booth on their own they are free to get the
> booth in little groups and share costs.

Great idea too. Enhance cooperation at the grassroots
enterprise level.

Looking forward for a great FOSS4G2010

Venka