[OSGeo-Conf] Booth for local chapters at FOSS4G 2010

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Mar 16 10:52:29 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Venka <venka.osgeo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to disturb your numerous tasks. I am very much
> aware of the effort you and the LoC has to make
> to get FOSS4G2010 going.

Hi Venka, the time I spend with you and for you it's a pleasure to me.

>  We've finally decided to address local chapters with OSGeo booth.
>> We have reserved 2 booth, at the moment, and possible 4 later on for
>> OSGeo.
>>

> So all local chapters can display their wares in the
> two booths that your have allocated?

they can display their poster and flyers. It will be a place to promote
chapter and osgeo not the companies. Companies pay for their logo to stay in
our posters and flyers and if they want more they can share a different both
with other companies.

> No need to fill
> in forms, make payments for using this generous space?

no :)
anyway let's cross our fingers that the budget will be enough to cover all
this expenses.

If there are more wares than the 2 booths could accommodate,
> the LoC would evaluate and expand to 4 booths at some
> stage?

yep, it depends of the budget too. If we feel rich we would like to offer a
large space to people to meet in the OSGeo booth, some sofas, etc. If we
have poor money then we'll have poor space and facilities.

> Sorry for too many questions. Just making sure that I
> give the right answer when I am asked the same question
> by the Local Chapter in my proximity.

your questions help us understanding and making decisions.
thanks to you
lorenzo