[OSGeo-Conf] 2012 Next Step: Question period

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Aug 22 16:45:20 EDT 2011

Mike,

I did address this in an email response on 07-18:

****
What happened is that we did not receive any submissions before the
initial deadline, and then we opened the bidding to all areas, and then
we received 1 submission from the desired region and 2 from Europe, and
then a late submission from the desired region.

My opinion is that the stated desired region is in fact still the
desired region, and that all OSGeo conference committee members should
keep this information in their head as they vote. (meaning: all 4
letters are an option for this voting stage, but the preferred region is
'anywhere other than NA or Europe')
****

I feel the same applies to this final stage.

-jeff