[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [Foss4g2011-private] Website manager position...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 14 20:58:55 EST 2011

On 11-01-14 08:39 PM, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
> I wonder what conf dev is for (88 subscribers)? Jeff, can you help here?

Folks,

conf-dev is the mailing list for the OSGeo Conference Committee.  This
is the committee, chaired by Jeff, that is responsible for selecting
the annual conference venue, setting broad year-to-year requirements
and policies.  It is also an excellent place to mine for volunteers
that don't need to be local, and suggestions/feedback/input from those
with experience running various aspects of FOSS4G conferences in the
past.

But the OSGeo Conference Committee does not *operate* FOSS4G itself.
This is done by the local organizing committee.

> Let us use this FOSS4G 2011 list for most everything:

Yes, that seems appropriate.

As Arnulf suggests, I'm liable to get grumpy when I find that OSGeo
related planing and decisions are needlessly done in private forums.

Best regards,