[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G2012: Next Steps

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Jul 9 11:15:42 EDT 2011

Thank you to all of the teams that have submitted a letter of intent to
host the FOSS4G 2012 event:

- Prague, Czech Republic
(http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/proposals/2012/Letter-of-Intent-FOSS4G2012-Prague.pdf)
- Rome, Italy
(http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/proposals/2012/Letter-of-Intent-FOSS4G2012-Rome.pdf)
- Hanoi, Vietnam
(http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/proposals/2012/Letter-of-Intent-FOSS4G2012-Hanoi.pdf)

As all of the future correspondence regarding the bids will occur on the
'conference_dev' mailing list, please make sure that your local
committee team members join that list now (subscribe at
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev).

Now I ask all of the OSGeo Conference Committee members to review the 3
letters of intent, and begin to ask questions through the conference_dev
mailing list regarding the contents of the letters (please keep in mind
that teams only had to outline a few points as stated in the RFP on page
6:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/rfp/2012/osgeo-conference-2012-request-for-proposal.pdf).

By this coming Friday (2011-07-15) we will hold a vote by committee
members to see which teams will move on to the Bid Submission stage
(each committee member must select a single letter as their choice, and
a letter must receive the backing of at least 2 members to move onto the
next stage).

I personally am very excited to receive these 3 letters (I have visited
each of the 3 wonderful countries).

-jeff
On behalf of the OSGeo Conference Committee