[OSGeo-Conf] Motion Regarding FOSS4G-CEE Name

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 17:42:48 EDT 2011

> Hi
> I know that I am very likely too late, neither I am sure if this has
> already been discussed.
> But, just to be safe: why are you going for CEE instead than EURO in
> the name, if the conference aims to be at the European level?
> Don't forget that CEE does not include countries like Switzerland,
> Norway, ex-Jugoslavia ones, just to name a fews

oops, sorry
just learnt reading the archives that with CEE you mean Central and
East Europe... (I thought the European Community)
Just wondering if the event couldn't be extended to the whole Europe,
though, or if there is any contraindication for it
thanks

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net