[OSGeo-Conf] Motion Regarding FOSS4G-CEE Name

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:02:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:53 PM, Jachym Cepicky
<jachym.cepicky at gmail.com> wrote:
> As somebody noted (Volker?)
>
> it is matter of scale. We (current "CEE" temporary organization committee)
> did not have ambitions to organize the event on European level. Thought,
> conference primary language will be English and everybody is welcomed, we
> want to focus on Central and East Europe topics (which of course do have a
> lot in common with "pan european" topics).

Oh, I see
though I think an European conference, to be hold in the years when
FOSS4G is outside Europe, would be a very nice idea.
Of course such an event would keep some people away from the global
event, but in this way there would be much more people able to attend
to an international OsGeo event every year
just my 2 cents ;)

thanks

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer