[OSGeo-Conf] Confirming Beijing 2012 Date

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Thu Oct 20 01:27:21 EDT 2011

Hi,
I am receiving the first requests for exact dates of FOSS4G Beijing.
This information is not yet publicly available. From the conversations
on this list I got this:

OSGeo China: The proposed schedule is "18 Sept 2012 Tuesday" to "23
Sept 2012 Sunday" for the conference.

Q: The first day was dubbed "registration day", does that mean the
regular conference would run from Wednesday to Sunday?

We really need a FOSS4G 2012 splash screen up asap. Simple is beautiful.
Just a few lines of HTML hacked in VI with a nice little logo and the
exact dates are all we need for a start. This can be completely
independet of the conference system we use later.

For the time being I set up the FOSS4G 2012 OSGeo Wiki page by simply
copying and adjusting the page of 2011 to have something to point to [1]
and also asked SAC to set up a conference list [2].

Thanks,
Arnulf

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2012
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/822