[OSGeo-Conf] 2012 Final Step: Voting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Sep 2 15:36:57 EDT 2011

Thank you to all committee members, all the votes are now received.
Unfortunately, the result is an exact tie: 7 votes for Beijing and 7
votes for Prague.

There is no choice now but to open the discussion/question period again
(in fact from reading the submitted votes, the few public votes and vote
explanations played a large part in several decisions).  So now the
schedule is:

   Additional Question period: now to Tuesday 6th
   Final Voting:               7th-9th

Finally, I ask that your vote remain private (there was a long
discussion on this years ago here and the overwhelming decision was to
keep these private), but do share your questions and thoughts on this
mailing list for everyone.

I am sorry to not be able to announce this today, I was really hoping we
could.  Downside of this: even less time for the winning team to put
together a presentation for the final Denver plenary.

-jeff