[OSGeo-Conf] 2012 Final Step: Voting

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 2 16:57:04 EDT 2011

On 2011-09-02, at 1:23 PM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> Considering this is a major decision here, my own comfort is to defer to the board on this -- they're the elected representatives of the charter membership who are ultimately responsible for the event, financial support, etc..

Similarly, I'm concerned that the committee doesn't aim for consensus of opinions.  So when the results of the "selection" are brought to the board, there is still the potential that half the committee (minus 1) believes the selection was NOT ideal.  That's not exactly a confidence booster for anyone who has to act based on the selection, in my opinion.

Tyler