[OSGeo-Conf] 2012 Results: Beijing

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Sep 12 13:07:26 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

Sorry for such a long delay, but we finally have a clear winner through
voting: Beijing, China (the final vote was 9 to 5).  Congratulations to
Gao Ang and their local team, Beijing will be the host for the FOSS4G
2012 event (pending approval from the OSGeo Board).

Karel, Jachym and the Prague team: it was such a close vote this year,
that it shows how good your venue/team is for this event; I hope that
this does not hinder your plans and energy :)

2012 Next Steps

1) I will inform the OSGeo Board of the committee's decision, so that
the Board can ratify this decision and announce.

2) Beijing team: we have a 10 minute slot here on the FOSS4G 2011
program on this Friday for this 2012 invitation: can you quickly put
together a short video or presentation?  Please let me know as soon as
possible.

Thanks everyone!

-jeff
Chair, OSGeo Conference Committee