[OSGeo-Conf] Conference for Central and Eastern Europe

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 16:55:31 EDT 2011

Hi Paolo,

thinking about that - I found that in general bad idea: why would
Germans or Italians give up their conference, for pan-europan one? And
if they would not, who would come where? Having 3 Foss4g
conferences/year (+ osm, + some non-foss4g ones) is simply too much.

But having a chat with Martin Landa, and thinking about it for a while,
I could imagine, that we would re-use the "olympic" model:

Proposal (and really, that is *just another idea*"): Having once / two
years Foss4g-Europe, and every second year regional conferences?

Jachym