[OSGeo-Conf] Conference for Central and Eastern Europe

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Sep 23 14:00:46 EDT 2011

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:50:31 +0200, Lluís Vicens <lluis at sigte.udg.es>
wrote:

> On the other hand, I wonder if the start of a pan-european foss4g
> conference, could cause a decrease of attendants to the international
> foss4g... specially those years when the conference will be held quite
> far (from us, and from a European point of view, of course). How can be
> perceived this situation from the Board of OSGeo.

Hi all.
We (GFOSS.it) regularly organize Italian GFOSS Days, and I think having an
European meeting would be useful: lots of people like and need
international contacts, but many prefer to invest their money in a
different way than in the expensive FOSS4G around the globe.
All the best.
--
http://faunalia.it/pc