[OSGeo-Conf] Intergeo Update

Karel Charvat charvat at ccss.cz
Mon Sep 26 11:43:34 EDT 2011

I think, that it is important for both communities to meet each others, because for users is important to know, what is new in technologies and for developers I think, also feedback could be useful. I agree, that is good, if on some meetings only developers are discussing together but I think to sit together on some meetings users and developers together could be profit for both communities.
Now more and more popular is so called model of Living Labs, where researchers and end users are working together on new objectives of research. I know that it is not easy to find common language and also understand each others and I know, that also developers need some freedom to discover new things, but I ma sure, that for future of Open Source technologies is important to meet each others.
And due the fact, that the travelling is some time to expensive for both communities and usually users are mainly connected with local and regional developers I see this models as Worldwide conferences focus mainly on developers communication and regional focused on interaction of all groups as feasible
Karel