Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Resignation from Committee

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Wed Feb 8 15:58:05 EST 2012

Dave,
thanks for this suggestion (although Jeff is not an employee and he is
not existing but chose to step down because he could not lead the
committee as required).

We are in need of a new conference chair and I would take this on as
interim chair - but unfortunately I am away for the next three weeks.
But the board has already taken some measures to patch the most pressing
holes.

One is the RFP for 2013 which needs to be prepared and Paul Ramsey was
gracious in taking this on.

The other is FOSS4G 2012 in Beijing where Frank Warmerdem is now liaison
officer and they already achieved some progress there in setting up the
web site we have been waiting for.

Beyond this the committee is leaderless and this in a phase where we
have three international FOSS4G coming up - not good. So if anybody
feels like it please speak up.

Jeff's experience will be highly valuable so if he is prepared it would
be good to have a short conversation here wrt what the committee
actually needs to do (this is the reference back to Dave's suggested
exit interview).

Cheers,
Arnulf