[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2012 Timeline

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 02:54:03 EST 2012

Gao,
Thank you very much for your email giving us insight into the activities
of your Local Organising Committee.
An email such as this allows our OSGeo international community to gain
an insight into conference preparations, and will create opportunities
for us to work with you to create a successful conference.

Would it be possible for you, or someone else on the organising
committee to provide a regular email update such as this to the
conference email list? I suggest sending around once per week, or maybe
after each LOC meeting you email out key points that have been discussed
or decided.

One question I discussed with you earlier was:
"Could the LOC please commit to handing out an OSGeo-Live [1] DVD (or
USB) at FOSS4G 2012, as has been done at FOSS4G international
conferences since 2009, and also at many local FOSS4G local conferences
too. This will involve including the cost of printing the a DVD or USB
into the conference budget, which will be ~ $1 to $2 per DVD. Should the
LOC commit to handing out the DVD, I will be in a strong position to ask
for volunteers to translate the DVD documentation into Chinese."

Could you please raise this question with your LOC and respond with a
definite yes or no.

[1] http://live.osgeo.org