[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2014 Budget Sharing

Gavin Fleming gavin at afrispatial.co.za
Sat Jul 6 10:42:36 PDT 2013

On 06/07/2013 19:04, David Percy wrote:
> I always thought that all profit went to OSGeo from the international event!
> Did BC, South Africa, Australia, Barcelona, or Denver retain any
> profit for the local organizers?

South Africa (FOSS4G2008) was run jointly by OSGeo and GISSA and we
agreed up front to split 100% of any profit three equal ways among
OSGeo, GISSA and a South African GIS bursary fund.

OSGeo took no risk (i.e. no bridging funds). GISSA took all the risk.
After closing the books each party received close to $10k.

On another point under discussion: OSGeo had a very prominent free
booth. Various OSGeo projects also used that as a base.

--
regards

Gavin

Gavin Fleming