[OSGeo-Conf] RFP Coordinator

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sun May 12 20:54:23 PDT 2013

All,

You will note that the organization I work for is a prominent member
of one of the LOIs. I have not had any hand in discussions or
preparations or drafting of the LOI. In fact, I was not aware of it
until I received it (well done, folks).

I do not think this situation has any bearing on my duties as the RFP
coordinator, which are purely procedural.

I will however withdraw from voting on the LOIs or bids. Though I do
not feel I would have a conflict of interest in the matter, there is a
clear basis for a *perceived* conflict, which it would be better that
I avoid, for the integrity of the process.

If anyone has an objection to my continuing as coordinator, feel free
to send a note to Jeff McKenna (for anonymity), who will inform me and
I will withdraw.

Yours,

Paul
2014 RFP Coordinator