[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2016 and 2017 and 2018 Call for Hosting

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Fri Dec 19 03:52:58 PST 2014

Steven,
in my experience there are several distinct phases and the very initial
phase of selecting a venue, coordinating with parallel events, starting
dialogs about co-location etc. need to be done with enough time to go.
This will typically be done by a small team of initial firestarters.

Later on the team will grow and include others. The last sprint planning
meeting will take place just a few months prior to the conference.

Therefore I would not think that an early CfP will result in a tired or
burnt-out team. It is the responsibility of the LOC chair to manage
accordingly (as you have brilliantly managed to) and take care that the
team will not be stretched too hard (...until a few weeks prior to the
event when the team has to go full throttle).

Cheers,
Arnulf