[OSGeo-Conf] Committee Members

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Dec 23 13:55:17 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Jeff McKenna
<jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
> I am very happy to see the recent activity by the OSGeo Conference
> Commmittee; before any motions take place, I'd ask the Conference Committee
> to review the current list of committee members[1], and add any missing
> conference leaders (such as DarrellF), and then update the wiki list[2], so
> that you are ready for the 2016 voting process.  Thank you for your FOSS4G
> passion!  -jeff

David Bitner [3] and David Fawcett [4] were both nominated and
conference committee members expressed support for them so I assume
that means the are on the committee. If conference committee members
don't notify me otherwise, I'll add them to the wiki.

Are there other unresolved nominations or other ways in which the
committee is not in order such that it interferes with motions?  The
absence of Darrell or other people who we think should be on the
committee is more of an oversight on their part for failing to seek it
out, or an oversight on our part for failing to seek them out and ask
if they would like a nomination.  I don't see such oversights as
interfering with motions and voting.

It is a good idea to get committee membership in order before voting
on 2016.  I assume that for the Stage 1 decision on 2015-01-19, voting
would be by people listed as members [5] or otherwise how the
committee figures it out.

Eli

[3] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2013-July/002253.html
[4] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2013-July/002319.html