[OSGeo-Conf] Final proposal for hosting FOSS4G 2015 in Seoul, Korea

Dave Patton dave at patton.org
Sat May 3 12:03:25 PDT 2014

On 2014/04/28 10:45, Sanghee Shin wrote:
> Dear FOSS4G Selection Committee,
>
> On behalf of LOC, it's my great honor and pleasure to submit this
> final proposal for hosting FOSS4G 2015 in Seoul, Korea.
>
> Please note that some major changes has been made including venue,
> dates and co-organizer from our first LOI.
>
> I attached final proposals and budget estimation here. However I'd
> like to give you an executive summary as follows:
>
> 1. Venue : Seoul COEX 2. Preferred Dates : 14th Sep to 19th Sep,
> 2015. 3. Regular registration fee : KRW 500,000(USD 455) including
> VAT 4. Will organize 'FOSS4G Asia Special Session' 5. Want to
> introduce 'Half for low-income countries scheme'. For details, see
> page 24 in the proposal. Need talks with OSGeo board.
>
> We are ready to answer to your questions about our proposal. Let's
> start the talks.

Hello Sanghee.

First, I am not on the committee, so my input is "unofficial".

I scanned through the proposal, and for me it raised two questions:
A)
Venue and Hotels doesn't include any information about
lower-cost accommodation options, such as 'budget hotels'
or hostels.
B)
There are quite a few names listed as being on the LOC,
with mention of adding more. Lots of people to help
with the work of organizing and running FOSS4G is good,
but I wonder if such a potentially large LOC could be
a bit awkward to manage?

--
Dave Patton
Victoria, B.C.