[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2016 Selection - Voting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Mar 1 07:28:03 PST 2015

Hello OSGeo Conference Committee members,

As Steven mentioned, the question period is now closed and voting will
begin by the Conference Committee.  I want to thank both teams for
answering all of the questions promptly.  Here is the voting procedure
that starts now:

- review each full proposal, if you have not already done so[1]
- review the Requirements and your Evaluation Criteria that each OSGeo
Conference Committee member must follow for this full proposal, see
pages 9 & 10 of the RFP document[2]
- select your preference location, based on the proposal
- email your single choice only to Michael P. Gerlek (mpg) directly (see
his email address on his wiki page[3])
- voting will be open for 2 business days (today, Monday. and Tuesday)
- mpg will then inform us which team is selected
- the result will be brought to the OSGeo Board at their next meeting
this coming Thursday[4], where they will formally vote on the 2016
location.  For the team selected by the OSGeo Conference Committee,
please have one team member present in the OSGeo Board meeting to answer
any questions (meeting time[5])

Side note: exact voting results will not be shared.  mpg will keep that
private (not shared to me or anyone).  I also want to thank mpg for this
thankless yet super-important task.

For a reminder, votes will be needed from all current Conference
Committee members:

     Eli Adam
     Thierry Badard
     Peter Batty
     David Bitner
     Jachym Cepicky
     Vasile Craciunescu
     David Fawcett
     Steven Feldman
     Gavin Fleming
     Darrell Fuhrman
     Dave McIlhagga
     Helena Mitasova
     Claude Philipona
     Venkatesh Raghavan
     Paul Ramsey
     Cameron Shorter
     Jeroen Ticheler
     Frank Warmerdam (chair)

Thanks also to the OSGeo Conference Committee members, for their time
reviewing and evaluating each proposal carefully, and good luck to each
bidding team!  I honestly feel the FOSS4G spirit in both teams.

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/conference/rfp
[2]
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/rfp/2016/osgeo-conference-2016-request-for-proposal.pdf
[3] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Mpg