[OSGeo-Conf] 2017 Conference dates question

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Tue Oct 20 20:52:20 PDT 2015

Hi all,
First of all a big thanks to all three LOC's for your impressive bid documents! It will be a tough decision for the conference committee to select a winner I think.
I will take time soon to read carefully through all bids in the coming days so I can ask sensible questions. But one thing that I noticed at a first glance is that all three bids propose a week in the second half of August for the conference.

My question is: are your dates fixed at this point in time? If so, why? If not, what other dates could be possible?

My concern is that August is (with July) the middle of the summer holidays (in Europe at least). Having kids myself, I have a conflicting agenda for the conference in Bonn 😢 and I'm surely not the only one. Planning the conference during summer holiday time may make it difficult for quite some potential participants to attend the conference. Personally I would hate to miss the conference, but the summer holidays with the kids would prevail when I have to choose.

Thanks,
Jeroen

Jeroen Ticheler
GeoCat bv