[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2018 - Questions for Bangkok

nitin kumar tripathi nitingis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 08:36:32 PDT 2016

Dear Sanghee Shin

I appreciate your very crucial question for any conf.: My answers are:

1. Can you please provide information about security situation in your city
and around the venue? Also I’d like to know whether there was any terror
attack/ attempts in your city within the last 1 year. If any, please report
that.

Nitin Tripathi: Jomtien Beach area is a very clean white serene beach and
in recent years it has never seen any kind of terror attacks. This hotel is
around 15 minutes away from vibrant Pattaya so very quiet.

2. Do you believe you can get major sponsorship from Thai government, if
you won this bidding?

Nitin Tripathi: We already have assurance from few Thai Univ, GISTDA (Thai
Space Agency) and CCM systems. Other organisations which have always
supported our conferences in past will surely extend the support as FOSS4G
2018 will be a grand event addressing the major smart city issues which
India, Thailand, and other ASEAN nations are trying to achieve through
smart systems involving GIT.

Not only Thailand, I am also very optimistic about Indian organisations
like National Remote Sensing Centre Hyderabad and Ministry of Science and
Technology will join as sponsor and take lead in supporting this event.

Thanks once again for your question and I hope I was able to provide you
enough feedback.

With best regards

NItin Tripathi