[OSGeo-Conf] Review of 2 proposals for hosting FOSS4G 2019 until Dec. 15th

Venkatesh Raghavan venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 06:16:24 PST 2017

Hi Conference Committee,

Thanks to the great efforts of SLOC and BLOC teams putting up proposals
for FOSS4G-2019.

I just has a quick look at both and noticed that
the support letter on page 92 of the SLOC proposal
[1] is repulsive and in extremely poor taste.

The wording of the support letter is disrespectful to all of the other
professional organizations who supported OSGeo and FOSS4G conferences
over the years. I also feel that it actually making a mockery of other
support letters in the document.

Since the FOSS4G Conference proposals is a public document published
by OSGeo, I request that an updated version of the SLOC proposal be
posted on the web without including the support letter shown in page 92.

Best

Venka

[1]
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/proposals/2019/FOSS4G_2019_Proposal_Sevilla.pdf