[OSGeo-Conf] Request for Travel Grant to attend FOSDEM Geospatial devroom

vidhan jain vidhanj1307 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 13:21:29 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

My name is Vidhan Jain and I am an undergraduate student from India. This
year, I participated in Google Summer of Code as an intern with the OSGeo
organization working on the "*Rewrite of Turn Restriction Shortest Path
Algorithm in PgRouting" *project. More details related to my project can be
found in [1]. I am currently mentoring pre-university students(13-17 years)
with OSGeo in Google Code-In.

I had submitted a proposal for presenting my GSoC project and sharing my
experience of contributing to OSGeo in FOSDEM'18 under
geospatial devroom to be held on 3rd and 4rth of February in Brussels,
Belgium. I am grateful to the conveners of the conference for accepting my
proposal. Unfortunately, due to lack of financial resource, I am unable to
commit my presence. Therefore, I request a travel grant of 500 USD based on
[2] to attend the conference.

FOSDEM is a two-day event organized by volunteers to promote the widespread
use of free and open source software. More details related to FOSDEM can be
found in [3].

[1]:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2017/projects/4730835743801344/
<https://mltrk.io/link/https%3A%2F%2Fsummerofcode.withgoogle.com%2Farchive%2F2017%2Fprojects%2F4730835743801344%2F/slF91lCC9NkcViSgrF45>