[OSGeo-Conf] Initial Update and Requests from Dar es Salaam 2018

Mark Iliffe markiliffe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:28:13 PST 2017

Hi Eli,

Thanks for this - we’ll raise a ticket accordingly for the website. We have a representative of the OSGEO board on our LOC - Maria. We had made collaboration with OSGEO’s committees a key part of our proposal - we want to ensure that this awareness is raised to the fullest extent.

I’ll make a SAC request shortly. With Boston, we want to ensure that we’re picking up the torch immediately after the conference - we don’t want to steal Boston’s thunder, but we would like to be prepared for the unique circumstances of our conference. There has been much discussion regarding the cost of a FOSS4G in the lists - we believe that communications and outreach is key to raising awareness for our conference. We will also coordinate with the Boston LOC!

Best,

Mark