[OSGeo-Conf] Travel Grant Programs - Call for help!

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Mon Mar 19 05:32:27 PDT 2018

Dear CC-list!

As you know, the next FOSS4g events show up on our time map!

Steven Feldman, Mark Iliffe and I already started our discussions about
how to run the Travel Grant program for Dar Es Salaam.
See our first results here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_2018

Beside the global event, also FOSS4G NA is coming up, a Grant Program is
also wanted there.

Because we need people to manage the TGP's, this is a call for
volunteers, as both events need some helping hands in TGP. Last year we
reviewed 80 applications and every member of TGP brought them in his/her
order. Also the contact to the grantees and so forth takes some time. So
be prepared to spent some hours, but on the other hand, it's your chance
to to s.th. really meaningful. Bring people to a FOSS4G!

Call for Dar:
In general we think that at least 3 from CC and 3 locals for Dar are
needed. So if we could have one more helping hand from CC for TGP Dar
this is very appreciated (last year Eli joined us, perhaps you have time
to support TGP again this year?). If interested, please contact me,
Steven or Mark.

F4GNA
We need volunteers to run the full program for FOSS4G NA. Steven and me
are occupied with the Dar program, so we have no capacties to also
support the F4GNA program. If interested, please contact Jody.

Many thanks in advance!

Till