[OSGeo-Conf] Motion: 2nd Call for TGP for local events / Applicaiton for Travel Grant Programme"OSGeo Oceania" 2019

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Sep 4 13:43:57 PDT 2019

I failed to send this to the entire list.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 1:18 PM Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Till Adams <till.adams at fossgis.de> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Conference Committee,
> >
> > at FOSS4G in Bucharest I talked to John (see "CC") from the Oceania F4G
> > and pointed him to the fact, that we still have 5.500 Us $ left on our
> > TGP budget for 2019.
> >
> > I would better dedicate the money to them than letting it remain unused.
> > The problem is little the time, as their conference will be in November.
> >

> > I would propose the following:
> >
> > We kick out a call for TGP Support very soon (the same that we already
> > did in April - with no reply beside the Ocenaian Team). I would suggest
> > John to answer that one as well and request for more support. If we get
> > other applications, we have to discuss, if not, we can offer the
> > Oceanian Team the rest of our 2019 budget.

 FOSS4G-NA is what prompted our first call.  So far we have funded
 FOSS4G-NA, FOSS4G, and Oceania F4G.  Our initial plan (noted below)
 was to have a second call in June.  We didn't do the second call in
 June (which would have also allowed FOSS4G to request more funds to
 increase their TGP).  We should do a second call as we planned, even
 if late.

 I hope that other events beyond Oceania apply and I would prioritize
 first time applications above second time, although total amount is
 also worth considering.

> > Any thoughts on that? Please vote until 8th of September.

 The TGP is great and helps bring more people to FOSS4G!  The more
 people we can help attend FOSS4G; the better.

> > Till
> >

> > Am 20.05.19 um 14:23 schrieb Till Adams:
> > > Dear CC!
> > >
> > > after my email below no vetoes came in. This means, we agree to support
> > > Oceania TGP with 2.500 US $, congrats to John and his team!
> > >
> > > @John, please contact the board (as last year) for payment details.
> > > Hopefully the moneyh elps to get at least some people over ;-)
> > >

> > > Till

 We planned a second call in June which none of us remembered to
 initiate.  We should launch that second call now.  I hope that we get
 several applications and can help more people attend FOSS4G.

 Best regards, Eli