[OSGeo-Conf] [OSGeo-Discuss] Conference selection transparency (Was Announcement: Call for Location global FOSS4G 2023)

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 11:12:55 PST 2022

I have been on conference committee for almost a decade, I can’t recall us ever having more than 4 proposals for the global FOSS4G. Each year there are different factors that influence our choices, I don’t recall a year when there was much doubt about who we should select. A predetermined marking system would not make our job any easier it would just lead to endless debate about the relative weighting of each of the factors
______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org <http://mappery.org/>

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild <http://eepurl.com/dKStT-/>” newsletter