[OSGeo-Conf] Inquiry Regarding Seed Funding Terms in the Budget

IWASAKI NOBUSUKE (岩崎亘典) niwasaki at tottori-u.ac.jp
Mon Apr 29 19:57:56 PDT 2024

Dear Conference Committee Member,

I am writing on behalf of the FOSS4G Hiroshima LOC to seek clarification
concerning the budgeting terms for seed funding.

In the budget template and previous proposals, we noticed that there is no
specific item related to seed funding. Based on our understanding, seed
funding is treated as a loan, which each LOC is expected to repay, except
in cases of accidental fund loss. Furthermore, it appears that any surplus
is calculated after excluding the seed fund amount.

Could you please confirm if our understanding is correct or provide further
guidance on this matter?

Thank you for your assistance.
Best regards,

Nobusuke

---
Nobusuke Iwasaki
 Professor, Faculty of Agriculture, Tottori University
 Representative, OSGeo Japan
 Co-chair, FOSS4G 2025 Hiroshima LOC