[Contractors] economy

Robert Hollingsworth reh2 at prodigy.net
Mon Nov 17 12:35:59 EST 2008

Quick question for anyone listening who has an
opinion:

Given the condition of our respective national
economies, how do you feel your contracting in
open-source (or otherwise) will go in 2009?

I don't have a very strong sense yet of my own
answer to the question.  Sometimes, in general,
a bad economy can fuel layoffs, then companies
resort to using contractors MORE for a while.  On
the other hand, clients might simply be more
reluctant to launch new projects.  I'm not sure
how government clients respond to conditions
such as what we have now.