[OSGeo-Discuss] Draft of Guidelines for OSGeo Local Chapters

raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Aug 3 08:11:14 PDT 2006

Hi Ned,

Thanks for your feedback Ned.

Have added a draft guidelines for non-tierd frame
"New Draft of Guidelines (No tier Framework)".
The previous 3-tiered framework is available
under the heading "New Draft of Guidelines (3 Tier Framework)"
on http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Local_Chapter_Guidelines

Basically, I think the guidelines must stipulate what
OSGeo expects from "OSGeo Chapters" and vice-versa.
Guidelines also to ensure that we don't end-up wth too
many dormant chapters or some undesirable use of OSGeo's
resources.

It would be nice if the guidelines could be simplified
further. Any suggestions about the frame work (tiered,
nested) is welcome.

Venka