[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G & Tile WMS

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Thu Aug 17 09:02:47 PDT 2006

Hi Jody, all

I'm holding a technical session of 30min called 'Creating a high
performance webmapping site
<http://www.foss4g2006.org/contributionDisplay.py?contribId=127&confId=1>'
(nr 127) where I will discuss the implementation of tiling in the edugis
project, using mapbuilder, mapserver and apache's mod_cache. I hope this
will be a starting point for a WMS-C/tiling discussion. I don't know of
any other conferences about tiling, but I would be interested to visit them.
I hope to visit the ka-map workshop who also has tiling. But I can
imagine the ka-map people like to discuss ka-map and not wms-c/tiling.
Also a discussion around beers is a very good idea ;).
I haven't yet done a proper performance test with the new setup and I'm
not too hopeful that I can manage that before lausanne, but we'll see.

Regards,
Steven

ps. I accidently send the same mail from the wrong account, sorry if you
receive it twice