[OSGeo-Discuss] SCB/SCGIS presentation draft

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Tue Jun 20 10:52:44 EDT 2006

Ned -

If you're not already aware of it, MapServer has been serving the global
conservation community through the Discover Life project of the Polistes
Foundation for several years now.  The Discover Life site
(www.discoverlife.org) features a "Global Mapper" link on the left on
the home page - it uses MapServer to provide free access to global maps
and over 40 terabytes of imagery, and is used by a variety of user
communities from professional biologists to elementary school
classrooms.  The project's being led by the team listed at
http://www.discoverlife.org/pa/or/polistes/team.html - I'm the "map guy"
<g>.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney