[OSGeo-Discuss] Autodesk recognition

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Tue Jun 20 21:05:31 PDT 2006

Well, that's one way to think about it.

Another way is to realize that Autodesk was a Diamond Sponsor of Where
2.0 and that we specifically asked that our entire presence and internal
investment be donated to and focused on OSGeo, rather than on ourselves
and our products, which is what our competitors did.

So to answer Ned's question, we deliberately turned the entire Autodesk
marketing machine towards OSGeo, and will continue to do so until the
community says it no longer wants or needs the assistance.

OSGeo had the most consistently crowded booth at the show. The booth
cost a lot of money, as did the shirts we all wore, the press work
arranged by the ADSK marketing team, etc. I believe it was money well
spent. The community has said it appreciates it, and that's a good
feeling.

Gary