[OSGeo-Discuss] Best Language for OSGEo TEch

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Thu Jun 22 15:03:42 PDT 2006

I would take the position that there is room for any project. When
you're dealing with libraries, then language is more important. When
you're dealing with inter-process interfaces like WMS, etc. then
language is irrelevant.

Also, if everything converges to one code base of building blocks,
that might imply that the blocks will become stronger due to more
people paying attention to less code. On the other hand, it reduces
the biodiversity and increases pressure to add features.

I agree with Tyler's quicker answer. There is no right answer...

	Allan